Masses not suspended. Gatherings of 100 people or fewer to continue. People not bound by Sunday Mass obligation. Pray at home, make spiritual Communion. Full list:
– Our gatherings will have a maximum attendance of 100 people.
– People are not bound by the Sunday Obligation.
– People can have access to Mass through local church webcams.
– Mass at the Cathedral will continue to be live-streamed at www.corkcathedral.ie
– This is also a time to encourage people to continue to pray in their homes together as families.
Let us keep one another … in our prayers conscious of the hope and comfort which our faith brings, especially in these difficult times.
– All non-essential pastoral gatherings and meetings, such as formation gatherings, retreats and seminars are cancelled.
– All Confirmations are postponed until further notice.
– Every Catholic is entitled to a dignified Christian burial. Attendance at Funeral services and Masses should be limited to close relatives and must not exceed 100 attendees within the church building.
– Similarly, Church weddings and baptisms may be celebrated on condition that the attendance in church does not exceed 100 people.
– In these difficult and uncertain times, people find strength, consolation and hope in prayer. Churches should remain open for prayer each day.
– In the current emergency situation, all are dispensed from the obligation to physically attend Sunday Mass. Parishes should inform parishioners of the local possibilities to participate in Mass via local radio and online. It may be possible for some parishes to facilitate attendance at Mass while still observing the health authority’s limit of 100 people.
– This is an occasion for all of us – especially in families – to pray more intensely for each other and especially for those who have succumbed to the illness. We should pray also for those at the frontlines – especially doctors, nurses and medical staff and other carers, including clergy – that the Lord will protect them as they place their own wellbeing at risk in the service of all.